At Davidsons, there are no itineraries or busy time schedules to adhere to. Everything happens spontaneously – exactly as they are meant to
Davidson’s Arnhemland Safaris at Mt Borradaile is a registered aboriginal sacred site in an exclusively leased 700 sq-km area nestled against the Arnhem Land escarpment. Its rugged ranges fringed by idyllic billabongs, flood plains, paper bark swamps and monsoonal rainforests, an amazingly beautiful wilderness. Valleys, overhangs and caves have been occupied for over 50,000 years and offer magnificent galleries of rock art as well as occupation and burial sites.
March to October
Cabins with ensuite $1600 pp 2nights night (Fully Inclusive) Share Twin
Deluxe Cabins with ensuite $1800 pp 2 nights night (Fully Inclusive) Share Twin
Single Supplement $840 pp 2 nights night
Includes, accommodation, touring, meals and permits
*Minimum 2 night stay
The friendly lodge guides and staff would love to show you this magnificent area, with so much to do and see we can keep you entertained for days no matter your specific interests. Within a half hour drive from the lodge at Mount Borradaile you can:
• Visit rock shelters with stunning rock art that spans thousands of years that give you insights into the aboriginal way of life from this region
• Walk through savannah woodland, the local supermarket and find plenty of local bush tucker
• Take a boat trip through the many water channels and the open floodplain to see some of the 275 bird
species found in the region
• Try your hand at barramundi fishing in the pristine Cooper Creek, the wet season waterfall is fantastic
• Take a dip in the pristine natural swimming hole (seasonal) or relax poolside back at the lodge
• Walk through the incredible catacombs that hold artefacts, signs of recent occupation and ancient
• Spend a late afternoon on the billabong observing the wildlife including the many crocodiles that inhabit the watercourses, finish up with a glass of wine and nibbles as the sun sets over the floodplain
• Walk up one of the many escarpments to find spectacular stone arrangements and art filled occupation sites
Usually we have your first tour pre planned, a short walk to see our famous Rainbow Serpent, where you will start to learn about the local rock art, the geology of the area and some of the local bush tucker and medicine that you walk past.
After this initial tour, we haven’t planned your itinerary; we would like to discover your interests and then plan each day accordingly. We want you to get the most out of your stay at Mt Borradaile.
So as not to delay the commencement of your first tour we do ask that you arrive at the lodge dressed in suitable attire for the tour.
For the same reasons as above please ensure that you have had breakfast prior to arrival.
Guests normally stay at the lodge for 3‐4 days, giving them enough time to see and enjoy the various different ecosystems, a variety of rock art styles and plenty of wildlife.
Please note that a 2 nights minimum stay does apply at Davidson’s Arnhemland Safaris.