Focus On Melbourne and Victoria
With Global Ballooning Australia choose from a number of flights in two great locations in Victoria , being the picturesque Yarra Valley as well as the City of Melbourne itself.
Melbourne is one of the few cities around the world that can be traversed by hot air balloon and definitely one of the best ways to see Australia’s second largest city!
Yarra Valley – one of Victoria’s most spectacular winery regions.
One of Victoria’s most spectacular winery regions, with outstanding vineyards and mountains, the Yarra Valley, a leisurely one-hour drive from Melbourne’s CBD. It is a natural amphitheatre, which makes it the perfect location for a ballooning tour: great views, native fauna and flora, excellent food and wine and stable weather. Let the breeze usher you along the corridors of grape vines and over the Yarra River as you lose yourself in the breathtaking views of mountains that surround the valley. This region has excellent locally grown food/wine and makes for a brilliant full day in the countryside!
The Q Train
is a restaurant that travels along the historic Bellarine Railway between Drysdale and Queenscliff. The train usually departs from, and returns to, Drysdale Station, just an easy 15-minute drive from Geelong. However, on select services The Q Train departs from, and returns to, the Queenscliff Railway Station. Please check the timetable page before booking accommodation to choose a time and departure station that suits you.
Never before has Australia seen a heritage rail line used for showcasing local food, wine, beer and cider. We’re inviting locals and visitors alike to come aboard our restored carriages and enjoy a gastronomical journey unlike anything else you have experienced.
We are serving local produce on every journey from the comfort of our refurbished dining cars; providing every customer with a delicious rail journey, and unique views of Swan Bay and the Bellarine.
Wine and dine in style with The Q Train.
Peninsula Hot Springs
is an award-winning natural hot springs and day spa destination on the
Mornington Peninsula, just 90 minutes from Melbourne. Natural thermal mineral waters flow into the pools and private baths at our coastal oasis, providing an idyllic setting for relaxation and rejuvenation.
Immerse Yourself In the Excitement of Ballarat’s Goldrush Days at Sovereign Hill!
Australia’s foremost outdoor museum, Sovereign Hill re-creates Ballarat’s first ten years after the discovery of gold in 1851 when thousands of international adventurers rushed to the Australian goldfields in search of fortune.
Peninsula Hot Springs
Set in 79 Acres of native bushland, nestled in sand dunes with over 50 geothermal bathing experiences including day spa, seasonal wellness and cultural activities. Enjoy Indigenous cultural walks , body clay, private bathing and the global bathing journey just a few of may experiences.
There are a multitude of dining experiences at the Peninsula Hot Springs. Including:
- Spa Dreaming Centre Cafe
- Bath House Cafe
- Bath House Amphitheater Cafe
- The Coffee Hut
There are spa dining experiences as well as group dining areas
Peninsula Hot Springs believe that wellness begins with connection – with ourselves, our community and the environment around us. We also believe it is best approached from a holistic perspective.
We are pleased to offer several options for those wanting to deepen and enrich their wellness experience while visiting Peninsula Hot Springs.
Connect with yourself and nature in the company of others. Immerse yourself in natural thermal mineral waters which flow from deep underground into pools and private baths at Peninsula Hot Springs. Awaken your senses and nourish your soul in nature.
“Small steaming spas hidden around tree-lined corners, in caves and up stone steps mean you can easily find yourself in a world of your own with only the sound of nearby frogs to accompany you.”
By day, Sovereign Hill is where Australia’s history comes to life! It’s just like stepping back in time – from the hustle and bustle of Main Street where costumed ladies and gents parade their new-found wealth, to the excitement of the Red Hill Gully Diggings where you can pan for real gold and it’s yours to keep!
At Sovereign Hill, you can see a spectacular $160,000 gold pour, venture underground on a fully-guided gold mine tour or catch a horse-drawn coach and tour the town. Go shopping 1850s-style and visit hotels, schools and a theatre with goldfields entertainers. See steam-driven machinery in action and chat with our wheelwrights, candlemakers and confectioners as they ply their trades. On our streets and in our theatre, you will be entertained by costumed goldfields characters who are happy to pose for a great photo.
Running nightly, AURA is Sovereign Hill’s stunning, all-new, $8 million sound-and-light show that takes you on a spectacular journey though time and space to experience the story of gold and its power to change everything.
For limited seasons only, the Lamplight Tour leads you into the darker side of goldfields life. Meet your guide in a cosy hotel bar before venturing into the night to visit some very intriguing places and characters. We promise you will see Sovereign Hill in a whole new light.
Sovereign Hill never stands still! There is always something new to see and do. Our commitment to product improvement, authenticity and value-for-money family entertainment has established Sovereign Hill as an internationally renowned cultural tourism attraction and a regular winner of tourism and museum industry awards.
Bendigo is at the heart of Central Victoria. It is here that one of the world’s greatest gold rushes occurred, attracting people from across the globe that were seeking their fortune. Indeed, it was the richest city in the world between 1850 – 1900. In recent years Bendigo attracted a breed of creative tree changers with a passion and experience in the arts, design, food and wine, leading a transformation in the city and region. Bendigo is full of history and fantastic architecture and well worth a visit Qantas Airways has recently announced six direct flights per week from Bendigo to Sydney
Q Train Melbourne
Your Dining Journey Onboard The Q Train
Enjoy a degustation of exquisite local produce and scenic views in a relaxed atmosphere.Your journey onboard Geelong’s restaurant train commences at one of two picturesque Railway Stations – Drysdale or Queenscliff. Please check your booking confirmation email, and it will clearly state which station you are departing from. Come early and visit Club Loco, our retro Bar Car, prior to boarding. Club Loco opens 30 minutes before boarding. It’s important to arrive early because we cannot wait if you’re late.
When it’s time to depart, our friendly staff will welcome you on board and show you to one of The Q Train’s restored Dining Cars.
Once comfortably on board, we invite you to relax whilst perusing our beverage list. The Q Train proudly only offers local, independent wines, beers and ciders from the Bellarine and across Geelong and the Otways. Is your heart set on your ‘usual’? Don’t worry, our staff are trained to recommend a locally owned and made equivalent that we bet you’ll like even better!
Global Ballooning Yarra Valley and Melbourne
It’s a wonderful thing, to be able to give someone the experience of a lifetime over Melbourne and the Yarra Valley. At Global Ballooning Australia, we’ve shared a sunrise with over 90,000 people in 25 balloons over as many years – and it never gets old. We’re proud of our safety record, and we care deeply about our guests’ experience, but for us, it’s more about the people we meet along the way and the pristine natural playground we call our office.
It’s an attitude that’s been passed onto our team by the boss, Kiff Saunders – although he’s not really the kind who likes to be called boss. A pilot and ballooning champion with 35 years aviation experience, Kiff is Victoria's most experienced balloonist, having flown for over 25 years in over 10 countries around the world (including 3 World Ballooning Championships). He’s even been inducted into the Australian Ballooning Federation Hall of Fame (bet you didn’t know that was a thing), is responsible for training many of the commercial hot air balloon pilots flying in Victoria today and holds the 'Absolute Australian Altitude Record' for hot air ballooning.
We rise before the sun almost every day of the year because we believe there’s something magical about experiencing the world from the sky. Nothing excites us more than bringing out a child-like joy in adults and a sense of wonderment in children. It's all part of a journey that’s finished by 9am, but leaves a lifelong impression.
Set in Melbourne's Mornington Peninsula the Eagl is set amongst the wineries and some of the most picturesque scenery Melbourne has to offer why not visit the Wineries and orchards along the way. The Eagle gives unparalleled views of Melbourne beaches and city
The Eagle has 34 gondolas
• Each gondola can hold eight guests
• The summit is 314 metres high
• The flight takes approximately 13-15 minutes each way
• Bus parking is available at both Stations
• Over 10,000 metres of electrical cable is used to transport the gondolas up and down the slope
• The gondolas were manufactured in Switzerland
• The tallest tower is 21 metres high
• Seawinds Gardens is an easy two minute walk away
• Lookouts are located across the road from the Summit Station and in Seawinds Gardens
• The gondolas can accommodate prams and wheelchairs
• Our café offers delicious platter options for group bookings
• Toilet facilities, including accessible toilets, are at both stations
• Windows can be put onto the gondolas if weather is wet
• Kangaroos are often spotted the area
• The Eagle can operate in most weather conditions with the exceptions of strong gale force winds and lightning
The Summerland Peninsula in the south-west of Phillip Island is home to an estimated 32 000 little penguins – one of the largest colonies in Australia. The Penguin Parade represents approximately 10 per cent of the colony.
Each night at sunset, little penguins (numbering in the hundreds or thousands depending on the season) make the march across the beach and return to their burrow homes in the sand dunes.
Revenue raised through tourism activities is invested into conservation activities to protect the whole colony.
• Little penguins are the smallest of the 17 penguin species and the only penguin that lives permanently in Australia.
• 1920s – first tourists visited the Penguin Parade.
• 1955 – State Government established a large reserve over the penguin colony.
• 1966 – a Little Penguin Scientific Advisory Committee was formed and little penguin counts and research programs begun.
• 1985 – the Victorian Government initiated a land buy back of a housing estate located within the colony and bought back all 175 homes and blocks by 2010.
• 1996 – Phillip Island Nature Parks established.
• Present day – Phillip Island Nature Parks continues to manage the Summerland Peninsula and conduct conservation programs and research to ensure the protection of the penguin colony.
• Want to know more about penguins? Download our Nature Notes at:
Three Great Options for Dining and Cruising on Sydney Harbour
SYDNEY SHOWBOAT DINNER CRUISE WITH DRINKS
• 3hr Sydney Harbour dinner cruise on an authentic paddlewheeler
• Deluxe 3-course dinner, freshly prepared on board
• Beer, white wine and red wine for the duration of the cruise
• Reserved tables* with waiter service
• 1-hour live show “Voyage of Love”
CLEARVIEW GLASS BOAT DINNER CRUISE
• 3hr glass boat Sydney Harbour dinner cruise
• Canapés and drinks served on the Sky Deck (1st hour)
• 8-course seated and served degustation menu
• Selection of premium beers, wines & soft drinks
• Reserved tables* with waiter service
• No guests below the age of 18 (including infants)
MAGISTIC 2-HR EXPRESS BUFFET DINNER CRUISE WITH DRINKS
• 2hr buffet dinner cruise on board a fully air-conditioned catamaran
• Beer, white wine and red wine for the duration of the cruise
• Informative commentary
• Reserved tables* with restaurant-style seating
• Express dinner buffet, freshly prepared on board by our chefs
• Stunning views and photo opportunities from the outer decks